Forum Žutog titla - Poèetna
Autor/ica Poruka

<  Kauboji, akcioni i rimejkovi  ~  Herzog i Cage rimejkaju 'Bad Lieutenant' - jao!

Velimir
Postano: 17 sij 2009 01:55 Citirajte i odgovorite
Pridru�en/a: 04. 02. 2006. Postovi: 854
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1095217/

Herzog tvrdi da nije rimejk, ali ipak.....

So, yes or no: Is Bad Lieutenant a project you're working on with Nicolas Cage?

HERZOG: Yes, but its not a remake. It's like, for example, you wouldn't call a new James Bond movie a remake of the previous one � although the name of the bad lieutenant is a different one, and the story is completely different. It's very interesting because Nicolas Cage really wants to work with me, and just anticipating working with an actor of his caliber is just wonderful.

Why this project, though? You could have worked on anything.

HERZOG: There's an interesting screenplay; it's a very, very dark story. It's great because it seems to reflect a side of the collective psyche � sometimes there are just good times for film noir. They don't come out of nowhere. There was some sort of a mysterious context with the understanding of people in that particular time. And it's going to be in New Orleans, which is a fascinating place. Part of it was the decision of the producers for tax incentives � which is totally legitimate. However, I thought to myself: "We have seen a lot of New York in movies; we have not seen New Orleans in feature films." Or very few feature films. After Katrina it's a particularly interesting set-up. The neglect and politics after the hurricane struck are something quite amazing. It has to do with public morality.

Speaking of which, the original film's director, Abel Ferrara, has vowed to fight this project, and �

HERZOG: Wonderful, yes! Let him fight! He thinks I'm doing a remake.

Have you talked to him?

HERZOG: No. I have no idea who Abel Ferrara is. But let him fight the windmills, like Don Quixote.

Have you heard his comments at all? He says he hopes "these people die in Hell."

HERZOG: That's beautiful!

Do you relate to that passion?

HERZOG: No, because it's like theater thunder. It's like being backstage in the 19th century, with the machines that make thunder. It has nothing do with with his film. But let him rave and rant; it's good music in the background.

You did a remake before with Nosferatu, but �

HERZOG: It was not so much a remake as an homage to Murnau. But I don't feel like doing an homage to Abel Ferrara because I don't know what he did � I've never seen a film by him. I have no idea who he is. Is he Italian? Is he French? Who is he?

Oh, come on.

HERZOG: Maybe I could invite him to act in a movie! Except I don't know what he looks like

------------

God is an imaginary friend for adults.
Korisnièki profil Pošaljite privatnu poruku Posjetite Web stranice
TeethOfLionsRuleTheDivine
Postano: 18 sij 2009 07:57 Citirajte i odgovorite
Pridru�en/a: 12. 10. 2008. Postovi: 96 Lokacija: ZG
Shocked

Ok, raditi "remake" ne�ijeg filma a da nikad nisi pogledao niti jedan njegov film je u najmanju ruku apsurdno!
Korisnièki profil Pošaljite privatnu poruku
Dragonrage
Postano: 19 sij 2009 10:31 Citirajte i odgovorite
Pridru�en/a: 26. 07. 2007. Postovi: 56 Lokacija: Zagreb
TeethOfLionsRuleTheDivine je napisao/la:
Shocked

Ok, raditi "remake" ne�ijeg filma a da nikad nisi pogledao niti jedan njegov film je u najmanju ruku apsurdno!

Mo�da i nije...mo�da je to �ak i dobro...mo�da od filma bude ne�to, mo�da bude druga�iji, mo�da �ak i dobar ba� zato jer redatelj remakea nije gledao ni jedan film redatelja �iji fim remejkira...

Postano: 21 sij 2009 07:54 Citirajte i odgovorite
Pridru�en/a: 12. 10. 2008. Postovi: 96 Lokacija: ZG
Da, ali... onak... Sad to je Bad Lieutenant! Ferrarin klasik koji se ne dira! Sad
Korisnièki profil Pošaljite privatnu poruku

Prethodni postovi:  

Vremenska zona: GMT + 01:00.
Stranica 1 / 1.
Zapoènite novu temu

Forum(o)Bir:  

Ne mo�ete otvarati nove teme.
Ne mo�ete odgovarati na postove.
Ne mo�ete ure�ivati va�e postove.
Ne mo�ete izbrisati va�e postove.
Ne mo�ete glasovati u anketama.