Forum Žutog titla - Poèetna
Autor/ica Poruka

<  Samuraji, jakuze i roboti  ~  novi mamoru oshii

Velimir
Postano: 11 tra 2006 08:21 Citirajte i odgovorite
Pridru�en/a: 04. 02. 2006. Postovi: 528
Tachiguishi Retsuden"Ghost in the Shell" and "Innocence" director Oshii Mamoru's new film "Tachiguishi Retsuden" is a comedy about 'fast food grifters' (tachiguishi), professional eaters who brazenly challenge the owners of food and drink establishments in order to gain a meal.

When production was first announced, Oshii promised that it would be "a type of film that no-one has ever seen before." The finished product certainly lives up to that description, with its unique theme of "depicting professional fast food grifters while telling the story of Japan's postwar history," not to mention its use of a technique called "Super Live Animation" that digitally animates photographs of its human cast. "I thought it'd be drier and lighter in tone than live action, but it turned out to be much wetter than I'd imagined. We used still photographs, but they're of real human beings so the flavor of each individual remained right through to the end."

Playing the fast food grifters are top-notch film directors, producers, editors, composers, illustrators and other non-actors from Oshii's sphere of acquaintances. "I thought that using people I knew was best for this project. It helped with the budget too. Casting in Japan doesn't offer much choice, but for this film actors weren't necessary so there were no limits. More importantly, they'd do it for free (laughs). It was a logical choice."

The shoot was an enjoyable one "with a festival atmosphere," and the film is rare in that "nothing bad happens to anyone." "If people come and see it, the producers will be happy too. I can't be responsible for whether audiences will be happy though (laughs). Still, it's essentially a silly film. I don't mind at all if it's called a very stupid movie, because that's what I was aiming for right from the beginning. The idea was to seriously make a very stupid movie. It's funny because it pretends to be so serious."

"Tachiguishi Retsuden" opens on April 8th. (source: eiga.com)

------------

God is an imaginary friend for adults.
Korisnièki profil Pošaljite privatnu poruku Posjetite Web stranice

Prethodni postovi:  

Vremenska zona: GMT + 01:00.
Stranica 1 / 1.
Zapoènite novu temu

Forum(o)Bir:  

Ne mo�ete otvarati nove teme.
Ne mo�ete odgovarati na postove.
Ne mo�ete ure�ivati va�e postove.
Ne mo�ete izbrisati va�e postove.